Saturday, November 19, 2011

News...

Hi all,

I came back from a fulfilling (although worrying) trip from Bangkok last week and amazingly, inner Bangkok was very dry and sunny! I had an enjoyable stay there! Although there was news all over the world that it was flooded and the Travel advisory said not to visit Bangkok, I still went with my gut feeling. The news was totally blown out of proportion actually. Okay, there are still floods but mostly in the outskirts. Please pray for the flood victims and their families and that the floods will recede soon.

My stay in Bangkok was also different this time. Instead of just shopping and eating, I took part in a 4 hour cooking class. It is an intiative by a Christian group to help the poor community there. It was enriching experience and I felt good that I could contribute to the poor community in the slum areas there. I will try to talk more about it in my later posts another day.

Meantime, I will be announcing my new range of limited edition Jim Thompson bags. only 6 pieces. So it is while stocks last! Sorry that I couldn't bring back that many from Bangkok due to the worrying situation there. I was a little bit paranoid that the the city area could be flooded anytime and I didn't want to risk my life. But my worries were unfounded actually.;p

So stay tuned tonight at Singapore time between 9pm to 10pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment