Friday, January 22, 2010

Yippee! It's the weekend! A long note as well...

Hi all,

Just a little explanation on the materials used for my handmade jewelry pieces as I had some queries. Most of my silver pendants are of sterling silver meaning, 925 silver (just like those sold in our local shops like "Perllini's" or "Bits and Pieces"). This is good quality grade silver. The same goes for Bali or Karen tribe silver, for example, the "Tree of Life" Pendant featured in my shop, equivalent to 925 silver.

I try to make my products more affordable, hence, I "mix and match" the materials, for instance, the chains, some of which are rhodium ("anti-rust") or silver plated (silver coating). If both the pendant and the chain are of pure 925 silver, it'll be a little bit more 'pricey' like my "Angel Wings" heart necklace. There are other silver pieces made from pewter or they are oxidized. Whatever kind of materials I use for my necklaces, please be rest assured that they are of good quality.

Please read my items' descriptions, especially the "Dimensions and components" for details on the materials I've used.

Silver jewelry is very easy to maintain. For those made from sterling silver, cleaning them with a silver polishing cloth will do. For those which are silver plated, rhodium, pewter or oxidized, just wipe it with a soft piece of cloth but NOT with the silver polishing cloth. To maintain its lusture, polishing helps and keeping it in sealed ziploc little plastic bags which I've provided or in your air-tight jewelry box is recommended.

For those which are made from "enamel", just to let you know that "Enameling is the fusion of a special powdered glass to metals. The glass can be applied using different techniques, but all methods use heat to melt the powder." (extracted from About.com jewelry). Enamel is commonly used in Indian Jewelry and can be very colourful. :)

I hope I've clarified your doubts. I hope to have more new products featured soon, but currently, I have some office work to read up during this weekend, and so, I may only be be able to upload about two or three creations of mine.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Have a great weekend!

P.S. And to those who have supported me in the launch of my blogshop, thanks so much for your encouragement! And special thanks to those who have bought some of my limited edition items. Thank you! :)

And to those who were curious if I did the blog all by myself. Yes! I did it all on my own, and the descriptions as well. It was sheer hard work. But the feeling was good because of the satisfaction I had when I saw the final outcome of the blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment